History

On April 19, 1956, five individuals came together and formed Southwest Research Center Federal Credit Union with the main purpose of encouraging fellow employees to develop sound savings habits and to provide them with the lowest loan rates possible.

Two weeks after its organization, with 14 members and a total of $65 in shares, the credit union opened its doors for 2 hours a day, 3 days a week during the employee lunch period. They were housed in what was then known as the Cable House, an 1883 farm house located on the grounds of Southwest Research Institute.

More than 56 years later, the credit union has grown to over 10,000 members with over $60 million in assets and two full-service offices.

Through the years, our main goal has never changed. SwRCFCU is now and always will be committed to our original principles: savings, low-cost loans, and service.